The Blurring of Biblical Distinctions Between Creator/Creation

Springboard into the Gospel Message to the unbeliever and
Evangelism to your Copernican believing brethren who love the Lord

Moderators: Paul Zietsman, DaveyT

DaveyT
Site Admin

The Blurring of Biblical Distinctions Between Creator/Creation

Post by DaveyT »

Evangelism in today's world where pantheism (monism) is ever encroaching onto the pulpits of the churches in America, must include the creation account of Genesis chapter one.
DaveyT
Site Admin

Re: The Blurring of Biblical Distinctions Between Creator/Creation

Post by DaveyT »

Below is my comment to a new video uploaded today by the YouTube Channel "the Truth is stranger than fiction". The video contains a 35 minute sermon by Ligon Duncan of Ligonier Ministries. His message is titled, "You are God":

"I like how he promotes the creation account as being key to evangelism as Will Metzger's book "Tell the Truth" conveys. I get so tired of hearing Christians tell me I should focus more on the gospel message, the salvation message instead of getting distracted by non-essentials such as cosmology. I'm going to make sure that many in my church watch this video. William, they respect this preacher so I must say, thank you for uploading it."

If you haven't seen this video, I strongly recommend you watch it. Below is a screen shot with the link below.

Vedic Big Bangs & Mystery School "Science"... (Biblical Flat Earth)
https://youtu.be/3Nw0VSumaIE
Paul Zietsman

Post by Paul Zietsman »

Davey, to quote you: "...Christians tell me I should focus more on the gospel message, the salvation message instead of getting distracted by non-essentials..."
I believe that, if they are indeed Christians, only immature Christians can make such a statement...
What is the Gospel message without Genesis?
It is like the guy who found graffiti on a wall stating "JESUS IS THE ANSWER". Just below he promptly added "WHAT IS THE QUESTION?"
One cannot begin to understand salvation, the Gospel message, or why Jesus came, unless one understands Genesis (sin, the fall, mankind's depraved state, and what was the cause behind it).
The book of Genesis establishes our whole worldview, where everything came from, and why things are the way they are. Genesis establishes both the cause and the need for the Gospel. To say we must just focus on the Gospel, and not "get distracted" by what God put for us in His first book about the origins, is at best immature, and irresponsible, and at worst a demonic doctrine infused into an undiscerning, immature body of believers.
Robot Kontroler

Post by Robot Kontroler »

Paul Zietsman wrote: May 29th, 2018, 9:05 am Davey, to quote you: "...Christians tell me I should focus more on the gospel message, the salvation message instead of getting distracted by non-essentials..."
I believe that, if they are indeed Christians, only immature Christians can make such a statement...
What is the Gospel message without Genesis?
It is like the guy who found graffiti on a wall stating "JESUS IS THE ANSWER". Just below he promptly added "WHAT IS THE QUESTION?"
One cannot begin to understand salvation, the Gospel message, or why Jesus came, unless one understands Genesis (sin, the fall, mankind's depraved state, and what was the cause behind it).
The book of Genesis establishes our whole worldview, where everything came from, and why things are the way they are. Genesis establishes both the cause and the need for the Gospel. To say we must just focus on the Gospel, and not "get distracted" by what God put for us in His first book about the origins, is at best immature, and irresponsible, and at worst a demonic doctrine infused into an undiscerning, immature body of believers.

Oh Man... Paul, I could not agree more. You SO nailed it!!!

And to DaveyT, I will also add this...

An argument can be made that Genesis is at least, part of The Gospel. Many Christians, when asked "what is The Gospel?", will simply respond with, "The birth, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ". That certainly is GOOD NEWS!!! But that's not the whole Gospel, and The Gospel is certainly not exclusive to the New Testament

The Gospel includes the Pentateuch (Torah).

Hebrews 4:2 (KJV) For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard [it].

The "them" in this passage is referring to the Israelites in the Sinai desert after they left Egypt. See the last few verses of Hebrews Ch. 2 for clarity.

So what was this "Gospel" that was preached to the Israelites in the desert? According to the author of the book of Hebrews, it was the giving of the Torah, or at least something within the Torah. If it's the whole Torah, which includes Genesis, then Genesis is arguably at least part of "The Gospel".

So if you are preaching Biblical cosmology using Genesis to do it, and it ultimately leads to faith and salvation through Jesus Christ alone, then in my view you ARE preaching a The Gospel!

Bam!

And... you're welcome! :)
“My being longs for You in the night, also, my spirit within me seeks You earnestly. For when Your right-rulings are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world shall learn righteousness.”
‭‭Yeshayah (Isaiah)‬ ‭26:9‬ ‭TS2009‬‬