Biblical Cosmology according to Esdras [Ezra]

God's Creation according to the Bible

Moderators: Paul Zietsman, DaveyT

EvedMoshiach777

Biblical Cosmology according to Esdras [Ezra]

Post by EvedMoshiach777 »

Dear Called Out Assembly,

I feel lead to read through The Apocalypse of Ezra, a very important prophetic resource for the age we live in. The Book is mostly known as 2 Esdras [e.g. KJV 1611] or 4th Ezra apocryphal section of certain Bibles that include these so called deuterocanonical writings. Esdras is the Greco-Latin Name for Ezra. A copy of this book was put in the Appendix of the Latin Vulgate and later on it was edited by the RCC, because it exposes their purgatory heresy. They left out 70 important verses about the soul's destiny in the afterlife. Afterwards it has been banned together with other important books that are reemerging today.

This Book contains very interesting keypoints that are very important for our knowledge and understanding of the Biblical Realm we are living in. The plan is to read a certain amount of chapters once a week and then to post everything that is connected with Biblical Cosmology in this topic. I will share me reading them on a private Youtube Link. If you can bear my German Accent you are more than welcome to listen to them or read along with me. Of course you can read this book by yourself without listening to me and my comments.

Afterwards we have a nice summary of all FE-related stuff that is found in this Book. If you like this idea I may start as soon as possible.

David
"The flaming fire was round about Him, and a great fire stood before Him, and none around could draw nigh Him: ten thousand times ten thousand (stood) before Him, yet He needed no counselor." - Ḥănōwḵ 14:22
DaveyT
Site Admin

Re: Biblical Cosmology according to Esdras [Ezra]

Post by DaveyT »

David,
I love the idea!!
Please let me have some time to reach out to as many advocates of Biblical Cosmology as possible.
Will you be adding a link on this topic each week? Have you decided on which day of the week yet?
I'm going to ask that any who want to participate, would either go to this topic link or register to chime-in and receive a notification when the next reading takes place.
In-Christ,
David T.
EvedMoshiach777

Hey David,

glad that you like it!
Will you be adding a link on this topic each week?
Yes a link + summary of important keypoints that are FE-related.
Have you decided on which day of the week yet?
I think the Sabbath Day would be fitting, as usually on the weekend people have more time :)
I'm going to ask that any who want to participate, would either go to this topic link or register to chime-in and receive a notification when the next reading takes place.
Great Idea!

Indeed, In-Christ!

David
"The flaming fire was round about Him, and a great fire stood before Him, and none around could draw nigh Him: ten thousand times ten thousand (stood) before Him, yet He needed no counselor." - Ḥănōwḵ 14:22
Paul Zietsman

Post by Paul Zietsman »

I am Looking forward to this, David!
EvedMoshiach777

Me too!

Currently I am preparing by reading the well-known Ezra-Nehemiah story as laid out in the Masoretic Text. But I will be reading them from the Septuagint! I highly recommend to do so, because as we know the Septuagint is more ancient and trustworthy. What is interesting to note is that although in the Masoretic Text Ezra + Nehemiah are two separate books, they are considered as one book in the Septuagint, called 2 Esdras. Hence it is noteworthy that in the Septuagint there is also a book called 1 Esdras, which the Masoretic Canon does not include. The Septuagint account of 1 Esdras is equal to the so called apocryphal book 1 Esdras that was included in the 1611 KJV and other Bibles that still include the Apocrypha. Therefore it is confusing to call the Apocalypse of Ezra "2 Esdras", as is done in the deuterocanonical section of these Bibles:

1 Esdras in the Septuagint is the same book as found in the Apocrypha
2 Esdras in the Septuagint consists of both, the Book of Ezra + Nehemiah

Therefore the Apocalypse of Ezra is sometimes called 3 Esdras in slavonic Bibles. To maximize confusion some even label it "4th Ezra", because they count Ezra + Nehemiah as two separate books and hence 1 Esdras (1) + Ezra (2) + Nehemiah (3) --> 4th Ezra (4). Then there are those who further split the Apocalypse of Ezra in three separate parts. In their view:

4th Ezra consists of Chapters 3-14
5th Ezra consists of Chapters 1-2
6th Ezra consists of Chapters 15-16

However, I do not like this kind of confusion. The way I like to structure these books is to go with the Septuagint and either just attach it (as do the Slavonics) or just call it The Apocalypse of Ezra:

1 Esdras (Septuagint); same book as found in the Apocrypha
2 Esdras (Septuagint); Ezra + Nehemiah
3 Esdras (Latin Vulgate*) Apocalypse of Ezra

*1 Esdras + Apocalypse of Ezra (here called 3 Esdras) was attached to the Latin Vulgate together with the Prayer of Manasseh.

I will restudy these books the upcoming week and then tell you when we are going to start :)

Have a blessed week

David
Paul Zietsman

Post by Paul Zietsman »

Thanks for all the work you are putting into this, my brother.
EvedMoshiach777

Its a pleasure to share with sincere brothers (and sisters, although I am not aware of there being any so far).
DaveyT
Site Admin

Post by DaveyT »

I absolutely concur. Your dedication to this is well appreciated.