Hello from the Carolinas everyone!

Tell us a little about yourself
This discussion board was made so that like-minded Christians might have a place to connect, learn from and encourage one another. Christian Flat Earth Testimonies are especially appropriate here.

Moderators: Paul Zietsman, DaveyT

NCProject

Hello from the Carolinas everyone!

Post by NCProject »

Hello everyone, my name is Nathaniel. It's a pleasure to be a member of this forum.
Last year while in church, my Pastor said something in front of the congregation that really disappointed me. Especially considering we had briefly spoken about this particular subject before.
This was motivation to begin making phone calls to churches across the U.S. to speak with Pastors about Genesis 1:6 & the firmament.

I believe that the firmament is the foundation for understanding biblical cosmology. The phone calls are part of what I decided to call a "National Consensus Project". All ten calls can be found on the [Main Forums] section of this site titled "Pastor on Call". The project was designed to get the thoughts on the firmament and its significance when discussing cosmology or cosmogony. The goal was to keep each conversation as respectful as possible and simply take an inquiring/naive approach.

Recognition that not all Pastors are aware of this topic while others label it as heresy was my biggest challenge. I hope the conversations can be useful to someone who does not know how to approach their Pastor with this information. Or at least educational for someone not familiar with the topic.

Big thanks to David for allowing me to share my content on this platform.

Blessings!
AsaPancake

Re: Hello from the Carolinas everyone!

Post by AsaPancake »

Hi Nathaniel! :D
NCProject

Post by NCProject »

Hi AsaPancake! :)
Robot Kontroler

Post by Robot Kontroler »

Welcome! Glad to have you!
“My being longs for You in the night, also, my spirit within me seeks You earnestly. For when Your right-rulings are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world shall learn righteousness.”
‭‭Yeshayah (Isaiah)‬ ‭26:9‬ ‭TS2009‬‬
NCProject

Post by NCProject »

Thanks!
Caleb4life

Post by Caleb4life »

I listened to a few of the phone calls, brother! Very interesting! Thanks for sharing!

It always strikes me how Christians (especially those in leadership) respond to their first introduction to the topic of cosmology. In my opinion, it so quickly reveals the heart and spirit of a person, if they respond with humility (openness), or pride and condescension. There are obviously those who may be in between somewhere (maybe apathetic to it?), which is troublesome too.

Anyway, blessings to you!

Love,
Caleb