Is the Copernican Principle the "Strong delusion"?

Is Social Media responsible for this growing movement or is it in fact Divine Revelation?

Moderators: Paul Zietsman, DaveyT

DaveyT
Site Admin

Is the Copernican Principle the "Strong delusion"?

Post by DaveyT »

Is the Copernican Principle the "Strong delusion" referred to by the Apostle Paul in 2nd Thessalonians chapter 2?
Could it be part of the "Strong Delusion" which will lead to its climax of an alien disclosure?

Here is the link to google books where this book can be found.
https://books.google.com/books?id=cmUqz ... &q&f=false
Robot Kontroler

Re: Is the Copernican Principle the "Strong delusion"?

Post by Robot Kontroler »

I think the strong delusion is multi-faceted. Cosmology is just one component.
“My being longs for You in the night, also, my spirit within me seeks You earnestly. For when Your right-rulings are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world shall learn righteousness.”
‭‭Yeshayah (Isaiah)‬ ‭26:9‬ ‭TS2009‬‬
DaveyT
Site Admin

Post by DaveyT »

I was surprised to hear the elder at my church say he thinks the strong delusion is solely doctrinal, issue within Christianity alone.
If one believes that, then how would one interpret 2 Timothy 3:13?
Robot Kontroler

Not sure how to interpret 2 Tim. 3:13. That verse seems open-ended enough to allow for whatever interpretation we like. That could be pastors and/or gov't. What would be some doctrinal examples of the strong delusion, say besides cosmological doctrine? This "strong delusion" would need to not only lead the "elect" astray "if it were possible", but also the "non-elect". If the "non-elect" are not believers, then I would expect this "delusion" to be something beyond just a doctrine of the church.
“My being longs for You in the night, also, my spirit within me seeks You earnestly. For when Your right-rulings are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world shall learn righteousness.”
DaveyT
Site Admin

Post by DaveyT »

When it's said "even if it were possible, the very elect might be deceived" seems to assume the non-elect (unbelievers) are the emphesis of those who will be deceived. Don't think it's talking about doctrinal or christian issues at all. Seem's to me a cosmological deception fits very well.
Robot Kontroler

I agree. The strong delusion is going to be way beyond just a false teaching within the church. It's going to hafta be something that is beyond just a false theology, that deceives the believers and unbelievers alike. This means it's going to be a "worldview" of some sort that the world accepts, along with undiscerning "Christians". But again, I think it will be beyond just the scope of cosmology. It is going to have components that lead the whole world into disobedience of God.
Paul Zietsman

Post by Paul Zietsman »

I believe the Copernican cosmology the be the fundamental basis for the strong delusion.
The delusion will be multi-faceted, but it all requires, as basis, the delusion about the cosmology.
Without it there are no billions of years and light years, and no "outer space", no aliens - it's just us...and the forces the Bible warns us about.
Without that there is no "evolution"
Without evolution there is no basis for eugenics
...etc...etc...
It all hinges on this primary delusion.
Robot Kontroler

Good point Paul, and you could very well be right. However, I will say that I think the foundation of the strong delusion to come, was in the garden. I very well could be wrong, but hear me out on this for a moment.

Genesis 3:1 (ESV) Now the serpent was more crafty than any other beast of the field that the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God actually say, 'You shall not eat of any tree in the garden'?"

The foundational lie is that God doesn't actually mean what He says. So... ANY doctrine that teaches God doesn't actually mean what He says... is a FALSE TEACHING! We know that the oldest deception in "The Book", has been used by many theologians to justify numerous and sundry false teachings. In the same way, Heliocentrism, along with cosmological and biological Evolution are founded on this principle.

Here's an admonition from The Apostle Peter, regarding the Apostle Paul's teachings, but it can be applied to the whole of scripture. We ought to remember it whenever we look to God's Word for instruction on any matter, especially cosmology.

2 Peter 3:15-17 (ESV) "15 And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, 16 as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures. 17 You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability."

Peter is warning us that Paul is hard to understand, but we ought to be careful not to twist his writings and the other scriptures, into false teachings as the lawless ones do. Scripture refers to the Anti-Christ as "the lawless one" and "the man of sin". The "other scriptures" Peter is referring to are the Old Testament books, because... there was no New Testament at the time he wrote this. Of course the Old Testament includes Genesis, Job, Isaiah and Ezekiel, all books that are full of cosmological clues.

Hmmm...

So who are these "lawless" ones and what defines them as lawless? What "law" do they not have? God's law(s) or the laws of men? Are they simply unbelievers who do not follow God's instructions, fellow believers under some form of lawlessness, or both? I think Pythagorus, Eratosthenes, Copernicus, and Kepler would qualify as unbelievers who didn't follow God's Word (laws). Would Newton qualify? He claimed to be a Christian, yet he was also a Freemason and Alchemist. These are philosophies that are verifiably incompatible with true Christian obedience to God's instructions.

In other words, we have many believers today who feel the Globe is compatible with God's Word because... they are ignorant of God's Word and they twist it to their own destruction. If their hermaneutics are this bad, then we hafta KNOW... they are doing this with many other doctrines as well, not just cosmology.

Heliocentrism and Evolution along with Quantum Physics, trans-humanism etc., are arguably "last days" components of the overall deception, which leads men into the godless philosophy of Atheism and ultimately into a potential one-world false religion of Scientism. Again, I argue that the strong delusion is multi-pronged. It started in the garden, and has been slowly and carefully constructed over millennia. It's all about rebellion against God and culminates in a final war against Him. If we are dismissive of the strong delusion having a doctrinal componant and believe it to be purely cosmological, or vice versa, I think we are opening ourselves up for potential deception on both fronts.

This is ALL about Jesus! It's about a strong delusion that is SO strong, it leads the world into rebellion against Him and His Father.

If I may be so bold, I will quote my beloved brother in Christ, Paul Zietsman here...

“Anyone who looks really deep into geopolitics, the upper financial and corporate powers, the cosmological construct, the elite, Hollywood, all of it – anyone who goes really deep…finds God, the Bible and Jesus Christ.
It’s all about Him...
...a reaction to Him...
It’s a war on HIM.”
Robot Kontroler

DaveyT wrote: May 13th, 2018, 5:57 pm I was surprised to hear the elder at my church say he thinks the strong delusion is solely doctrinal, issue within Christianity alone.
If one believes that, then how would one interpret 2 Timothy 3:13?
Have you asked this elder what he thinks this doctrine(s) will be? I'm curious.