Believers in Hell?

Springboard into the Gospel Message to the unbeliever and
Evangelism to your Copernican believing brethren who love the Lord

Moderators: Paul Zietsman, DaveyT

FearNaught

Re: Believers in Hell?

Post by FearNaught »

DaveyT wrote: August 18th, 2018, 1:57 pm This topic was not supposed to be exclusively about "Lordship Salvation". I only mentioned that regarding what a believer is, verses a submitted believer.
As Psalm 2 says, the kings and rulers of the earth are believers in the fact that they know who they are up against, they know that Jesus is coming back and that He is the Anointed.

The difference between them and us though is that we are submitted believers. We are defined as having met the conditions for salvation which #1 is to recognize your wicked nature and how you have opposed God and his will all your life and then repent (make a U-turn), turn and submit (surrender) to him. This is Lordship Salvation. If you do not repent and submit, you are not saved.
Paul said that the Gospel is simply by faith; John concurred ("whoever believes in him has eternal life"). And out of gratitude for humbly accepting Jesus as Savior, realizing we died to sin, we live a new life. The difference is love and gratitude, not trying to make ourselves righteous enough for God to accept us; that is impossible. Those of us who grasp reconciliation and rescue, knowing we could do nothing to save ourselves and thus to keep ourselves saved, seek to please Him in everything. This is submission out of love, not out of fear. And again, LS provides no scripture stating exactly what and how many works are required. And this, in turn, leads to the heresy of Hebrew Roots.
DaveyT
Site Admin

Post by DaveyT »

A changed heart does what is natural from that divine nature it came from. No on has to do anything deserving of eternal life, he does it because his passions have changed. A new heart means a new life. It becomes your nature, there isn't any laws that have to be obeyed, you live the life God gave you out of love and gratitude for Him and what He has done for you.

On the other hand, someone still unchanged, living the same life, having the same passions for self and the world is evidence they were never saved. Their salvation is fraudulent and false. The are trying to enter the gate through another way, thieves and robbers are they. Profession mean absolutely nothing. Jesus says in Matthew, "Many will say to me on that day, Lord, Lord" ... He will respond, "I never knew you".
DaveyT
Site Admin

Post by DaveyT »

I think you and I agree.
DaveyT
Site Admin

Post by DaveyT »

Paula, It's been fun. I love talking about God's Word.
I'm going to get a shower to get ready for work. Inventory tonight and tomorrow morning will come fast as my family and I head to church camp at 6am
Blessings to you sis
FearNaught

Post by FearNaught »

Ok, just one last point then: it should be called Lordship Life, rather than Lordship Salvation. ;-) Take care.
DaveyT
Site Admin

Post by DaveyT »

Agreed!!! :)