24 Hour Sun in Antarctica

Just as the Copernican model has many unanswered questions, the flat, enclosed model has questions as well.
Here, we can list and discuss some of those questions.

Moderators: Paul Zietsman, DaveyT

DaveyT
Site Admin

24 Hour Sun in Antarctica

Post by DaveyT »

This is a question that cannot be answered because it cannot be observed due to restricted travel to Antarctica.
The question that must be answered is, are the so-called proof's on YouTube just hoax's?
Robot Kontroler

Re: 24 Hour Sun in Antarctica

Post by Robot Kontroler »

Good question. You've probably already seen this, right?
IMG_1628.JPG
(113.76 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
https://youtu.be/7Mdg5k-WBFw

We should ask David Beverley, as he said he was stationed out there while working for NASA.
“My being longs for You in the night, also, my spirit within me seeks You earnestly. For when Your right-rulings are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world shall learn righteousness.”
‭‭Yeshayah (Isaiah)‬ ‭26:9‬ ‭TS2009‬‬
Paul Zietsman

Post by Paul Zietsman »

Are we not attempting to make things fit "our model" of flat earth?
The model that has the sun and moon endlessly rotating above the circle?
Is this model correct to begin with? (I do believe it is much closer to the truth than the NASA model, but is it in fact correct?)

I think we need to get our understanding of concepts to be aligned with Scripture, eg.

According to both the Bible and the book of Enoch, the sun does run a circuit, but it rises and sets, it comes forth from a chamber (as a bridegroom) and runs its circuit from the one end of heaven to the other end (East to West), and hastens to return whence it came, by way of the North (Enoch).

Further, according to the book of Enoch there are gates in the firmament, both east and west, where the sun enters and rises, and exits and sets. The language of the Bible also seems to support this concept of gates and windows of heaven (God called the firmament "heaven" - Genesis 1).

Where are the four corners of the earth both the Bible and the book of Enoch speak of?

I believe that we can relate where different continents are, and even calculate distances on a flat earth map like Gleason’s, but until we understand the greater cosmology we will not be able to figure out much more, because a lot has to do with the sun, its circuit, and directions referenced to the four corners of the earth, none of which feature in Gleason’s map.

“The earth” refers to only the land (terra firma), God always refers to the sea as something separate from the earth, from the beginning of His creation.

The middle of the earth is thus not of neccessity the same as the middle, or center, of the cosmology. What I am trying to convey here is the possibility that the middle of the earth, and the middle of the cosmos, (under the center of the firmament) are not the same position.

I believe we have to look “wider” – Gleason only focuses on what is “in the circle”, but what about beyond that?
And, are we sure that the wind directions we use are accurate?

So, to conclude, whether we do, or don't, observe 24hr sun in the Antarctic region will not prove or disprove flat earth, unless we understand the sun's movements. Observing the sun there will however give us an understanding of whether our model needs correction.
Robot Kontroler

Paul,

I think you are correct. We are trying to fit things into "our model". The problem is, we don't really have a working model. We have a bunch of speculative models. These models are all "best guesses", put forth by various individuals with varying perspectives. The globe theorists have had nearly 500 years to refine their model. We FE'ers have had maybe, three years? I agree, we should be using scripture as our guide when considering these things. I assume you've seen the model Rob Skiba worked up. His model is based on every single verse he could find in scripture that speaks to the nature of the creation. It shows the Earth as flat, under a domed firmament, framed in a square with four corners, set upon pillars. I'm not saying it's accurate. In fact I don't even think he would say it's totally accurate, but rather just another "best guess".

Here's a link to Skiba's model for those interested.

http://www.testingtheglobe.com/3dmodel.html
“My being longs for You in the night, also, my spirit within me seeks You earnestly. For when Your right-rulings are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world shall learn righteousness.”
Robot Kontroler

Here's yet another FE model idea. It's by a guy named Jeffrey Grupp. He calls it the Zetetic Eye Gyroscope. It seems to address a lot of the problems with other models. Grupp is a pretty interesting dude. Former Atheist, turned Christian, he taught Philosophy and Critical Thinking at the University of Michigan for 12 years. The video is long but it addresses the southern stars roation among other things. He's obviously put a lot of thought into it, but of course, that doesn't mean he's correct. Just thought I'd present it here as part of this discussion.
IMG_1653.JPG
(125.1 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
https://youtu.be/ICPqawyQSwA