Why was the Book of Enoch Rejected in the Canon?

Should the non-canonical Book of Enoch, Jubilees and Jasher be considered Scripture

Moderators: Paul Zietsman, DaveyT

DaveyT
Site Admin

Why was the Book of Enoch Rejected in the Canon?

Post by DaveyT »

The following is my opinion, there is no weight of authority assigned, only my speculation.
Lack of Spiritual discernment is the reason church leaders have been deceived since the Copernican principle was established more than five hundred years ago. Prior to Copernicus, Greek cosmology dominated the worldview of many church leaders. Probably not all, but most and that is why Enoch is still, to this day included in the Ethiopian canon. Roman Catholicism was also hugely influential I'm sure in the rejection of these books. They would not include Enoch, Jasher and Jubilees for those books would have contradicted the Greek cosmological model. Many church leaders had long before caved in order to try and reconcile the two, just as we have seen happening today.

All said, I believe those books are Scripture and should be given the same weight of authority as the canon. However, they cannot be quoted when arguing for Biblical cosmology with a Christian. Once a Christian has awakened to the truth, they likely will become accepted.
FearNaught

Re: Why was the Book of Enoch Rejected in the Canon?

Post by FearNaught »

Hi DaveyT, new member here :-)

Could you provide some links about the transmission history and official omission of these books? Thanks.
DaveyT
Site Admin

Post by DaveyT »

Good morning FearNaught,

I probably should have stated in my opening post for the topic that what follows is only my opinion (correction added).
I've never considered that such existed. I suppose it is something that can be researched although I'm not very optimistic it can be found.
This is one of the reasons I created this discussion board, to pull researchers together so the collective can benefit.

Would you be alright introducing yourself? Maybe tell the readers a bit about where you are in this debate?
Thanks for signing up, its slow getting started but I believe it will pick up.

In Christ,
David
FearNaught

Post by FearNaught »

Thanks DaveyT.... I looked for an intro thread but I'd be happy to do so here.

I go by Knowledge Scavenger on Youtube, and I have a blog, Bible study site, and book site. Not sure if I can post links yet, and I need to set up my profile. I am a Christian above all, a science nerd secondly, and have been in various forums and other venues on both topics for decades. I think it's always important to cite sources, which is why I asked. I do think that in most cases the person making claims should back them up, if possible.

I've been into deep Bible study for 45 years now, and my first "conspiracy" interest was the age of the earth, and I was always intrigued by the extra-Biblical works. During the 70s and 80s I also looked into Freemasonry and UFOs. 9/11 was of course a big wake-up call, and it was about that time that I also learned of chemtrails. Flat earth came to my attention about 3 years ago, and I kind of slid into it rather than having some shock or resistance that many have had. I still keep fellow FEers (and Christians) to high standards of evidence though.

My educational and work background has been in computer software and electronics, and I've been a web developer (self-employed) for most of the last 20 years, though I'm in the process of retiring.

Nice to meet you, and I hope this board gets busy with lots of good people.
DaveyT
Site Admin

Post by DaveyT »

FearNaught wrote: June 25th, 2018, 7:50 amI think it's always important to cite sources, which is why I asked. I do think that in most cases the person making claims should back them up, if possible.
You are absolutely right and I apologize for not including the statement of 'opinion only' first.
I've looked at some of the videos you've uploaded and have been blessed as well as made to think. You do good work.

Welcome to the forum

I would like your opinion on this video that Will Goodrich made some months ago:
FearNaught

Post by FearNaught »

Thanks for the warm welcome and kind compliment! :-) I love Will's videos, they're all so well done. The whole globe conspiracy is so huge and complex that few besides him actually try to wrap their minds around it. I'd have to refresh my memory on this particular one, but as I recall it was that the deceivers promote these "heroes" to further cement their lies, to make anyone who questions them seem hysterical and backward, and to rewrite history to an extent not even imagine by the likes of George Orwell. It's truly mind-boggling.
Paul Zietsman

Post by Paul Zietsman »

I did some research some time ago, and it will take me a lot of time to dig for all the references and supporting information again, but in the meanwhile, I concluded the following:

The book of Enoch is genuine, and inspired. Best available English translation is the one by Richard Lawrence. The RH Charles translation seems to have some errors.

The book was revered and treasured by the faithful Jews from antiquity, and considered to be an inspired prophetic book. Conversely, the book was rejected and scorned by many other Jews, notably some of their scholars.
Upon some research the reason becomes quite obvious - the book is blatantly messianic and prophetic in nature, and the central theme is "the Son of Man", and His coming righteous rule, and the eternal damnation of all who reject Him.

Many of the "scribes and pharisees" rejected the book for the same reasons their offspring rejected the prophets, and who finally rejected the Son of Man Himself, when he came to the earth. Which of the prophets did they not villify and kill? They had in fact even rejected the writings of Moses; though they claimed to be his followers. Jesus said that if they had listened to Moses, they would have listened to Him also.

Through a hole in the temple wall God showed Ezekiel what most of the religious leaders and elders were practicing in secret, whilst pretending they were devout Jews. They were busy with the most heinious idolatry (actually ancient Cabalism). These leaders did not want such a Messiah, they were loyal to another kingdom, and cherished the power and control they held over the people. Even Jesus Himself, in the book of Revelation, tells us that there are those who oppose Him, who say that they are Jews, but they actually are a synogogue of Satan (Rev 2:9). This has been true throughout the ages. Many Jewish Scribes and scholars thus opposed and rejected the prophecy of Enoch, and wrote attacks upon it. Such subversion of God's Word in ancient times had to come from the Jews themselves, because it was an exclusively Hebrew book, read by Jews. The Gentiles had no reference to it. Satan knew that if he could discredit this book it would serve to support his great deception of the world. The faithful Jews however preserved and copied this book.

During the time of Christ the book was in general circulation and use. The apostles used terminology and concepts in their writings, drawn exclusively from this book, and Jude, under inspiration of the Holy Spirit, quotes from it verbatim, and calls it prophecy. Read that again: under inspiration of the Holy Spirit the Book of Enoch is quoted from, and defined as prophecy.

The "unfaithful Jews" hated the book, and in order to discredit and attempt to stop its spreading, two other, later "books of Enoch" were concocted, neither of which will stand the test of Scripture. In fact the one version is clearly an attempt to draw people back into Judaism, the other is blatantly esoteric, and leads to Cabalism. Thus it is evident that both sprung from the same corrupt source, because Judaism inevitably leads to Cabalism. These serve as Satan’s "straw-man": those who can easily debunk these two later “books of Enoch”, are more likely to discount the original one as well... Cast out the baby with the bathwater...

The birth of the New Testament church however presented the ancient enemy of God's Word with a new challenge: The fast growing and spreading Christian faith was now carrying this Book all over the world. Satan went to work, and set up the Papacy, which largely succeeded to suppress the circulation of this book by the late 5th century, and made sure that it was rejected from the “canon”. It survived the following millennia in the holy writ of remote vestiges of Christendom, such as Ethiopia, where the tentacles of Rome did not have as much grip. Though somewhat degenrate today, Ethiopian Christianity’s roots trace right back to the New Testament church, more specifically to the eunuch baptized by Philip. He carried the gospel back to the courts and kingdom af Ethiopia. Being so remote it never really came under control of the papacy, and to this day, the Book of Enoch remains part of their Bible.

As a closing remark:

The Vatican has pulled the wool over the eyes of Christianity on so many levels, that even those who hate the Vatican, while they can clearly discern some of their deception, are still under the spell of many other areas thereof.
Generally most of both protestant and evangelical Christendom today still blindly accept many historic decrees originating from the Vatican. Let me ask you a question: Who decided what is “canon”? Simple answer: the Vatican. In other words; why does our Bible contain the 66 books in it?
Do not misunderstand me; I am not proposing that we reject what is Scripture, neither that we blindly accept any ancient writing as “God’s Word”, or start treating all the “Apocrypha” as Holy Scripture. The test of Scripture is that “Scripture confirms Scripture”, and that prophecy must be 100% accurate, or it is to be rejected. “The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy” (Rev 19). I am not saying that we should reject any of the books in our Bible, but I am asking the question: “are these all there is, or have some been removed or obfuscated?” Why 66? Why not 70, or 77? Six is ususally the number of man in co-operation with Satan. This number alone smells of the fingerprints of the Vatican. I do not know how many books there should be, but there are at least two books endorsed and quoted in our Bible, which are not accepted “canon” – The book of Enoch, and the Book of Jasher. It is also very telling that, reading these two books, when read alongside with the rest of the Bible brings a lot of otherwise obfuscated truth into clear perspective, and exposes the grand delusion and decpetion on a scale of untold magnitude. This is why Satan had to, at all costs, get rid of the Book of Enoch, and why we find that the ancient enemies of Christ, the Cabalah (the Jewish synagogue of Satan) and the Vatican (the later gentile version thereof) so viciously opposed and rejected it.

Here is a video that gives some background on the Book of Enoch
Last edited by Paul Zietsman on July 13th, 2018, 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
DaveyT
Site Admin

Post by DaveyT »

Well said Brother Paul,
I appreciate your insightful research.
David
FearNaught

Post by FearNaught »

You make a good case, but I think that merely removing Enoch would not be enough; why would they stop there? I've read all 3 books of Enoch, and agree that the other 2 are garbage, very different and ridiculous compared to 1 Enoch.
Paul Zietsman

Post by Paul Zietsman »

You are right FearNaught, they wouldn't stop there, and thy did not. The attempts at getting rid of God's Word did not stop at discarding a few critical books, it continues to this day in the perverting and twisting of Scripture through an endless stream of "new and updated Bible translations", which all have some things in common: subverting the deity of Christ, subverting the virgin birth, subverting the resurrection...and so many other things. The manuscript basis for these corrupt translations has already been laid in antiquity, by the likes of Origen etc. Corrupted and altered ("edited") texts were already proliferated in the ancient languages, to serve as "manuscript evidence" for translations yet to come centuries and millennia down the line. Satan knew he could not get it all discarded, so he worked on getting rid of some of the most critical key books; and then set to work on perverting and corrupting the remainder. Additionally, he set to work producing many false scriptures, books and apocryphal literature to further confuse and complicate the issue, and obfuscate his fingerprints. These, almost without exception, have their source in either the Vatican or Judaism.